Republicans can point out that, under Trump, the economy has seen the longest bull market in history. Meanwhile, a “cultural bull market” of steady social progress has come to an end. With the executive branch in Republican hands for two to six more years, and a conservative majority on the Supreme Court, there is a fierce fight to flip one or both chambers of Congress in the coming midterm elections. Liberals boast of a “Blue Wave,” while conservatives predict a “Blue Bloodbath.” However, of the 35 senatorial seats up for grabs this year, only nine are not currently controlled by Democrats — and Democrats must flip two of them to take control of the Senate. This makes the House of Representatives a more likely path to victory for Democrats. In New York City, a deeply blue city in a deeply blue state, political groups are hard at work trying to influence both the national and local levels. We spoke to some politicians, organizers, and activists about their fight to swing the country, or at least more of New York, to the left. Continue reading at ChelseaNow.com.
- This my “Barbie is gonna kick your butt” look. @barbie #barbiegirl #mathclassistough #kawaiidominatrix instagram.com/p/B1cFxHwj3bQ/… 17 hours ago
- Yes, I do like pink. #pinkaesthetic #pinkleather #roseyoutlook @footetography instagram.com/p/B1b_VzaD1D7/… 18 hours ago
- @JJShurte Like a Rust Monster that feeds on wood. Spearmen, wizards, and archers beware the beast the gnaws on staffs, bows, and pikes! 1 day ago
- I didn't know @JoeBiden was Jewish! twitter.com/BernieSanders/… 1 day ago
- @JJShurte "Shambling Nibbler" sounds like something they edited out of the original Monster Manual. Movement: 30, Damage: Bite 1-2hp. 1 day ago