Republicans can point out that, under Trump, the economy has seen the longest bull market in history. Meanwhile, a “cultural bull market” of steady social progress has come to an end. With the executive branch in Republican hands for two to six more years, and a conservative majority on the Supreme Court, there is a fierce fight to flip one or both chambers of Congress in the coming midterm elections. Liberals boast of a “Blue Wave,” while conservatives predict a “Blue Bloodbath.” However, of the 35 senatorial seats up for grabs this year, only nine are not currently controlled by Democrats — and Democrats must flip two of them to take control of the Senate. This makes the House of Representatives a more likely path to victory for Democrats. In New York City, a deeply blue city in a deeply blue state, political groups are hard at work trying to influence both the national and local levels. We spoke to some politicians, organizers, and activists about their fight to swing the country, or at least more of New York, to the left. Continue reading at ChelseaNow.com.
- Guess where we are! #oodman @BLOODMANOR #bloodmanor instagram.com/p/B3qDLeFje05/… 34 minutes ago
- I’m going to @beatthebombnyc tonight. If I end up like this guy, tell my wife I loved her... #beatthebombnyc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- Guess who found time to visit the rosewinemansion today! instagram.com/p/B3k5cK7DYja/… 2 days ago
- Day three of @ipsy Live! Am I gonna see YOU here?! #makeup instagram.com/p/B3ka1KjjECw/… 2 days ago
- @felicia_freedom @whelan0kkult @BoycottHegemony The image needs to include all of Hollywood... 2 days ago