The Barbie doll has been a feminist boogeyman (or boogeyperson) for decades. As an inanimate object, she’s an easy target — but there are real people behind the doll. The documentary “Tiny Shoulders” looks at Barbie’s journey from groundbreaking toy, to cultural lightning rod, to her most recent redesign for 21st century sensibilities. Continue Reading at Downtown Express.
- @rily_connor Double digits! 25 minutes ago
- When will Hollywood let me play a brilliant and beautiful intel analyst on a cop show? #allthisandbrainstoo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- Fuzzy earmuffs with built in cat ears... I need these but I don’t think I’m kawaii enough! #catears #pink… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Recreating my favorite scene from Roma at #dolbysoho. romacuaron #oscars instagram.com/p/BuH0rGWH8mO/… 1 day ago
- Cherry trees in snow, I’d write a Haiku of this, But my hands are cold. #haiku brooklyn #sakuramatsuri #snow… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago