New York has a major Comic Con but, in years past, there was a con just for Japanese comics and cartoons. The old New York Anime Festival was absorbed into the New York Comic Con (NYCC) five years ago, leaving the city’s nerdy Japanophiles without a major con they could claim as their own. This year saw the arrival of the first Anime NYC — a three-day event (Nov. 17-19) held at the Javits Center, where fans could indulge their love of “Sailor Moon,” “Fullmetal Alchemist” and more, in the company of fellow Otakus (a Japanese term for obsessives, most commonly of the anime and manga stripes). Continue reading at ChelseaNow.com.
- @jesawyer Also "Buddy, I got the Confirmed Bachelor Perk, AND Meat of Champions. If you know what I mean." 9 hours ago
- @jesawyer "Baby, I've got the Lady Killer Perk, AND Bloody Mess. If you know what I mean." 9 hours ago
- An article I wrote about being in New York's pride parades. chelseanow.com/2018/06/three-… @CheerNweYork @NYCpride… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- @SurrealKreator My political views are nuanced, and I appreciate when people on either side of the debate make a va… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- @USAMilitaryUSA "Sir, does this pin belong to one of those?" 1 day ago