New York has a major Comic Con but, in years past, there was a con just for Japanese comics and cartoons. The old New York Anime Festival was absorbed into the New York Comic Con (NYCC) five years ago, leaving the city’s nerdy Japanophiles without a major con they could claim as their own. This year saw the arrival of the first Anime NYC — a three-day event (Nov. 17-19) held at the Javits Center, where fans could indulge their love of “Sailor Moon,” “Fullmetal Alchemist” and more, in the company of fellow Otakus (a Japanese term for obsessives, most commonly of the anime and manga stripes). Continue reading at ChelseaNow.com.
- I had a lot of fun being Black Canary at Flamecon today. #cosplayersofinstagram #gothamgirls #flamecon2018 instagram.com/p/BmryphLgSMI/… 3 hours ago
- My Black Canary costume got an honorable mention in the costume contest! #cosplay #flamecon @daxclamation instagram.com/p/BmrH277AZ02/… 10 hours ago
- This #BlackCanary costume was made with clothes I had lying around the house. #cosplay #easycosplay instagram.com/p/Bmq4S42gu1H/… 12 hours ago
- I found time to stop by the museum of ice cream this morning. #littleblackdress #moic #pintshop #pink instagram.com/p/BmqyEpUg4Gc/… 13 hours ago
- Heading back to #Flamecon today. I’ll be wearing a new #BlackCanary costume! #coplay instagram.com/p/BmqselwAZYV/… 14 hours ago