New York has a major Comic Con but, in years past, there was a con just for Japanese comics and cartoons. The old New York Anime Festival was absorbed into the New York Comic Con (NYCC) five years ago, leaving the city’s nerdy Japanophiles without a major con they could claim as their own. This year saw the arrival of the first Anime NYC — a three-day event (Nov. 17-19) held at the Javits Center, where fans could indulge their love of “Sailor Moon,” “Fullmetal Alchemist” and more, in the company of fellow Otakus (a Japanese term for obsessives, most commonly of the anime and manga stripes). Continue reading at ChelseaNow.com.
- I haven’t done anything photogenic in a few days. Here’s a pic me ruling my empire with an iron… instagram.com/p/BeLijgbF90u/ 18 hours ago
- Wow! If you have a tough stain, just throw a packet of blueberry frosting in with your laundry. #TidePodChallenge… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Whatever satire site created this advertisement is brilliant. You'd almost think Disney would really do this. twitter.com/Marvel/status/… 2 days ago
- Underwear? You're supposed to pull them things on OVER your tights. twitter.com/brianbowman73/… 3 days ago
- And please don't interpret this observation as endorsing either side. Ima doing a write in vote fer… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago