The stereotypes of nerds and gays often appear at odds with each other, but, for the third year in a row, geek culture and the LGBTQ community have enthusiastically teamed up at Flame Con. The weekend convention, held this year August 19-20 at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott, gathers the artists and writers who create queer comic books, movies, games, and TV shows to unite them with fans. As with any gathering of geeks or drag queens, many of the attendees wore extravagant costumes based on their favorite characters. Continue reading at GayCityNews.com.
- Hey! I'm a GIF! Iswear I didn't make this myself! #NewYorkCitySnipper gph.is/2fjp7MS via @GIPHY https://t.co/xpU5bOP5Lv 1 day ago
- Hey fighting game nerds! What's a decent, cheap, arcade stick for the PS4? #FightingGames #PS4 #PlayStation #marvelvscapcominfinite 1 day ago
- Filling my show hole with season 7 of Archer. #Phrasing @archerfxx. #Netflix #Shesaid 1 day ago
- I think it's about time I got a blue checkmark on twitter. And a goddamned Wikipedia page! #ImFamous #RealCharlesBattersby 4 days ago
- LAST CHANCE! Join me on the @CheerNewYork Party Cruise this Sunday, Sept 17th at 6:00 pm:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago