League of Legends is known for a several things, popularizing the MOBA genre, its free-to-play business model, and its horde of outlandish playable characters. It’s also known for an army of hardcore fans that include a legion of enthusiastic cosplayers. Any video game convention will be awash with foxgirls, guys in 8 foot tall armor, and fallen angels wearing oven mitts. These costumes can be utterly baffling to people who don’t play League, but they are instantly recognizable to fans. League’s developer, Riot Games, partnered with Tribeca Games at an event in New York City last month, where fans could meet the designers and mingle with each other. We spoke with some of the developers, and a select group of League cosplayers to see how League cultivates this form of fandom. Continue Reading at Geek.com.
- Our goal is to make sure that figure stays below 51%. twitter.com/RepThomasMassi… 17 hours ago
- I missed the President's news conference. What are doing with Afghanistan now? 18 hours ago
- Just out of curiosity, did anyone else gain superpowers after the eclipse? This proportionate strength of a kangaroo can't be a coincidence. 18 hours ago
- Worst New Years party of the Century... twitter.com/LootGamingHQ/s… 18 hours ago
- Heh... twitter.com/ChilledGamer7/… 18 hours ago