League of Legends is known for a several things, popularizing the MOBA genre, its free-to-play business model, and its horde of outlandish playable characters. It’s also known for an army of hardcore fans that include a legion of enthusiastic cosplayers. Any video game convention will be awash with foxgirls, guys in 8 foot tall armor, and fallen angels wearing oven mitts. These costumes can be utterly baffling to people who don’t play League, but they are instantly recognizable to fans. League’s developer, Riot Games, partnered with Tribeca Games at an event in New York City last month, where fans could meet the designers and mingle with each other. We spoke with some of the developers, and a select group of League cosplayers to see how League cultivates this form of fandom. Continue Reading at Geek.com.
- An article I wrote about @AnimeNYC! "Costumed Fans of Japanese Comics and Cartoons Convene at Anime NYC"… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Post con depression setting in after animenyc... Its been 48 hours since I’ve spoken to anyone… instagram.com/p/Bbxq525lkXf/ 1 day ago
- Depend's on who's mom. Seriously, have you ever been to Kevin's house? Because Kevin's mom is totally hot! She teac… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- They don't make cult leaders like they used to. "A long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Your ticket to animenyc also includes two tickets to the Gun Show! #biceps @uncannymegan… instagram.com/p/BbsHo-xlbvs/ 3 days ago