Japan has a civilization with thousands of years of history, but foreigners tend to distill all of Japanese culture down to samurai movies, Hello Kitty and tentacle porn. “Kamikaze Cute-Sauce Cosplay Club” is a performance art piece that takes a look at how Japan struggles with its reputation abroad, and the clash between modernization and tradition. Along the way it examines the phenomenon of cosplay and the differences between who people want to be, and who they are. Continue reading at ChelseaNow.com.
- Hey! I'm a GIF! Iswear I didn't make this myself! #NewYorkCitySnipper gph.is/2fjp7MS via @GIPHY https://t.co/xpU5bOP5Lv 1 day ago
- Hey fighting game nerds! What's a decent, cheap, arcade stick for the PS4? #FightingGames #PS4 #PlayStation #marvelvscapcominfinite 1 day ago
- Filling my show hole with season 7 of Archer. #Phrasing @archerfxx. #Netflix #Shesaid 1 day ago
- I think it's about time I got a blue checkmark on twitter. And a goddamned Wikipedia page! #ImFamous #RealCharlesBattersby 4 days ago
- LAST CHANCE! Join me on the @CheerNewYork Party Cruise this Sunday, Sept 17th at 6:00 pm:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago