There’s a fine line between a farcical parody of global politics, and the farcical realities of global politics. In 1990, Director Paul Verhoeven made a film called Total Recall and he thought it would be funny to spoof excessive government scrutiny by making his characters walk through a full-body X-ray machine when they entered the Martian mass transit. He thought he was making was satire of an Orwellian dystopia, but a mere 16 years later, the real life TSA made farce into reality as Americans bared the contents of their scrotums to TSA body scanners. Robert Shearman’s dystopian comedy Easy Laughterstarts out as a witty satire of an uptight Protestant Christmas, before taking a 180 degree turn in the Second Act and showing just how close the dream of “A perfect Christmas” is to a reality of a neo-Nazi holiday. Continue Reading at TheaterForNerds.com.
- For your convenience: youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmsk… 3 hours ago
- @JackPosobiec Needs this in thebackground: youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmsk… 3 hours ago
- Regardless of our political beliefs, we can all agree that this needs Yakety Sax playing in the background. twitter.com/JackPosobiec/s… 3 hours ago
- Yup... twitter.com/MattBors/statu… 19 hours ago
- But... We all just bought Skyrim for The Switch! There was a goddamned meme about it! What's next, #Skyrim for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago