The stage is a natural medium for passionate extroverts clamoring to get their manifestos in front of a cheering crowd. Unfortunately, nerds tend to be introverted and would rather express their thoughts through media that doesn’t require direct interaction with other humans. This might explain why science fiction theater is relatively rare, but those shy nerds have other outlets for their artistic inclinations. Online multiplayer games have improvised roleplaying just as intense as any live improv show, and comic book conventions feature costume contests where the contestants perform skits to show off outfits as elaborate as anything seen on Broadway. Continue Reading at the New York Innovative Theater Awards website.
- What I really want for Christmas is one of them #Dva satin bomber jackets (Size L) but this'll do.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 23 hours ago
- "Waxed corpses" is also a great mis-translation. And also.... my exact fetish. twitter.com/turing_police/… 23 hours ago
- I'm just glad she's back! twitter.com/mollipen/statu… 23 hours ago
- I tremendous respect for someone willing to risk loosing a foot to make the "Glock in the Sock" joke. #WorthIt… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- "You're tearing me a pas!" #ballet #Ballethumor #ballerina twitter.com/historylvrsclu… 2 days ago